synchronization Axis360 Pan, Tilt, and Slide

Hi,
is it possible to synchronise two motors that make it start at the same time and the two motors finish at the same time? and how? please
(the master controler: Slide and the other controler: Pan, Tilt)
Thank you

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Hi.

Yes, you can sync. two motors.
    This video demonstrates how to link multiple Axis360 Motors and Controllers so that you can set up a multi-axis move with one Controller.

If you have an issues, feel free to ask.
    And try it in Timelapse-Mode!

Bye, Adamus
  • Thank you adamus you 're that video show us how to set up multi-axis with one controller but I m looking how to manage two motors can start at the same time and finish at the same time ( slide and rotation)
  • (Thank you adamus you 're right that video show us how to set up multi-axis with one controller but I m looking how to manage two motors can start at the same time and finish at the same time ( slide and rotation) )
  • Well, when you have synced 2 controller, you will have to set your start- and endpoints for motor1 with the master controller AND for motor2 also with the master controller.
    When you push the start button both motors will start at the same time and will finish at the same time (TImelapseMode, Video Mode does not work that way)
    (This is what is shown in the video)

Maybe your controller are running an old software version? Which software is intalled on the controller?
  • Thank you Adamus,
    the software installed is the 2.4 version ( I think it's the last one for the moment)
    I work with the video mode it maybe why it does not work with me
  • VideoMode does not work that way. You wil have to calculate the speed. E.g. the slider-motor is at 100%speed, the pan-motor will be set at less than 100%speed. But this is a try and error thing.
    I don't like that and don't know why this is not fixed allready.

Try the timelapse-mode but not in SMS-mode and let your camera record a clip. So it should work.
  • it's a good question Adamus ! I don't know too why
    thank you very much for your advices
  • I hope cinetic guys will improve the software in oder to have a Video option to finish all motors at the same time at the end point
  • edited June 2016
    Hi ddim,

Adamus is correct. One solution I have found is to set the controller to timelapse mode, and to do continuous mode rather than SMS. It's not ideal, but is getting the job done.

Drew
  • @ amosrafaeli: I hope too !
    @Drew: Thank you for the advices..I will try with the mode you said...good luck for the 2.5
  • Someone knows if this is already fixed?
  • Hi @chapinfilms

The way to do this is to use timelapse mode instead of video mode. Video mode enables you to set the speed but not the run time. Timelapse mode does a more advanced move that enables you to set the run time for each motor.
    So use Timelapse mode and set Playback Time and Playback FPS both to 1 (since you don't need it to fire the timelapse photos) and Move Type to Continuous.

Unfortunately, the way the video mode code is written, it is not possible to sync move run times in that mode. But hopefully the timelapse mode workaround gets you what you want.

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks Justin, I'll try and let you know!!!

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file